Minor Generator Service Visit
Every generator maintenance contract comes with 4 hour response as standard as well as a Major and Minor annual service visit. The following procedures and checklists to be carried out during a minor service include:
- Take oil sample and report findings (optional).
- Check engine oil for leaks.
- Check hydraulic governor oil level (if fitted).
- Check operation of lubricating oil heater (if fitted).
- Record oil pressure – P.S.I R.P.M.
- Drain sediment from fuel tank.
- Check fuel tank breather.
- Check fuel system and unions for leaks.
- Check operation of engine governor and stop controls.
- Check fuel level, inform Owner/Manager if low.
- Check coolant level and antifreeze content and top up if necessary.
- Check for coolant leaks.
- Check condition of hoses and clips.
- Check condition of fan belts and adjust or renew, if required.
- Check and lubricate fan hubs and idlers.
- Check condition of radiator.
- Check operation of block and radiator heaters.
- Check operation of ventilation automatic louvers, if fitted.
- Record engine cooling system temperatures.
Air Intake System
- Change air filter element, if necessary (chargeable).
- Clean and check air cleaner and piping for damage.
- Check turbocharger operation and condition.
- Check inlet manifold and gaskets.
- Check and tighten turbocharger outlet hose clips.
- Tighten Manifold nuts and cap screws.
- Tighten turbocharger mounting nuts.
- Check for leaks and signs of blowing.
- Check condition of silencer and piping.
- Drain moisture trap in exhaust pipe.
Engine Electrical System
- Check battery electrolyte level and specific gravity, top up if necessary.
- Check condition of charging system.
- Record charging rate – amps.
- Check operation of charging system.
Control Panel and Instruments
- Check warning lights for operations, replace if necessary.
- Check operation of gauges and instruments.
- Check operation of switches.
General Generator Maintenance
- Check engine mounting bolts.
- Check engine anti-vibration mountings.
- Check operation of engine governor.
- Check engine vibration dampers.
- Lubricate all engine linkages.
- Keep generator plant room in a clean and tidy condition.