UPS Service Engineer - Position Filled
An excellent opportunity for an experienced UPS Engineer based in the Midlands or North of England, to join a well-established and vibrant UPS company.
An excellent opportunity for an experienced UPS Engineer to join a well-established and vibrant UPS company. The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation, commissioning, maintenance and emergency repairs of UPS and related power protection equipment across Mainland UK (Midlands & The North). You will be required to establish excellent rapport with both our long-standing customers, and your teammates across all our departments.
We offer very attractive salary (£35-45k), company vehicle, annual on-call allowance (£1,800.00), 32 days paid holiday (including BH) company pension, laptop, tools, smart phone, tablet plus much more!
The job requires all UPS engineers to work in a safe manner in accordance with the Adept Power safety policy using good working practice and current codes of legislation. You will also be expected to conduct yourself in a professional manner whilst at work and on call.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Installation & field repair of a wide range of UPS & power protection products.
- Maintenance & commissioning of a wide range of UPS & power protection products.
- Battery replacements for a wide range of UPS & power protection products.
- The written, verbal and telephone support of all internal and external customers.
- Responsible for communicating to their manager the status of all jobs (open/closed).
- The timely and accurate completion of all paperwork and administration documents.
- Participation in the on-call rota, and regularly available to work weekends & nights.
- Ensure that all company assets (vehicle, tools, IT equipment) are well maintained.
- Assist the Field Service team in the day-to-day operation of the department.
- Provide sales and/or service leads to the business via the correct process.
- Ensure that all ISO 9001:2000 & ISO 14001:2000 processes are followed.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience (minimum of 5years) of working in the technical field of UPS equipment essential.
- Knowledge of a wide range of different UPS makes models a distinct advantage.
- Factory UPS Training an advantage.
- Electrical qualifications/experience a significant advantage (18th edition IEE Regulations, Test & Inspection)
- Effective organisational skills with an ability to work under pressure.
- Computer Literate (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Clean & valid driving license.
- Significant opportunities for overtime, with out of hours and weekend work.
- Participation in the 24/7 weekly on call rota (with annual allowance).
- Occasionally required to stay away from home and/or travel long distances.
- Occasional heavy lifting required (25-30 kg.)
- Company uniform provided.
Candidate to be ideally located - Midlands/The North of England.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] or for any other enquiries, please call our office at 01264 351415.
Strictly no agencies.